Alculard's Paradise Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alculard's Paradise Academy

ASB PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All of the Characters and fellow Creators would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating it this Month!
Hello to all of our Guests and Welcome to:
Alculard Paradise Academy
Need help getting around? Check out our new How to Navigate the HOME Section.
(Click the link to read it!)
Want to make a Sensei? Here is where you can see what positions are available today.
(Changes often so check back occasionally. Click the link to see!)
Not sure what to make? Or would you prefer to RP with a Premade Character? Read This and see if there is one that has your interest!
(Click the link above)
Curious about what Race to make or what kind of people you will meet? Check our Ethnic Group.
(Click the link to read more)
Have a lovely Character but don't know who to pair them up with? Then check out the Singles Thread.
(Click on link to find hot singles around the campus!)
Love to help bring plots along? How about RPing a Support Character. Support and make them into your own!
(Click to read some Supports in need of Creative Minds)
Thank you to our guests for visiting!
(Check back for updates often)
Latest topics
» Vacation/Leave Time(s)
Bard, Liam  EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:29 pm by Guest

» Reception [Always Open]
Bard, Liam  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am by Guest

» Kozy Korner (Open during Mall Hours)
Bard, Liam  EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm by Kyrian

» "New Arrival" [closed]
Bard, Liam  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm by Alric

» Aoi Tsunita
Bard, Liam  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 am by Trinity

» Deadlines [Open]
Bard, Liam  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm by Guest

» Late Eater! [Closed]
Bard, Liam  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 pm by Braylin

» Eiji Kaneko
Bard, Liam  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:01 pm by Guest

» Nightmarish Day [Open]
Bard, Liam  EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:10 am by Kousei

» Math Teacher: Kaneko, Eiji
Bard, Liam  EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:14 pm by Kailyn

» "So this is Lond?" [Open]
Bard, Liam  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 am by Trinity

» Counselor's Office - Creative Writing Department [Open during Office Hours]
Bard, Liam  EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 pm by Braylin

» Aoi Tsunita
Bard, Liam  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:59 pm by Kailyn

» Fashion Accent Home of the Fashion King! (Always Open)
Bard, Liam  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 pm by Kailyn

» DeRosier, Aniki
Bard, Liam  EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:35 pm by Devlin

» Kiyomizu, Yukio
Bard, Liam  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 pm by Kailyn

» Yukio Kiyomizu
Bard, Liam  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm by Kailyn

» Pointless Practice (Private)
Bard, Liam  EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:33 pm by Guest

» Raidonovitch, Grigori
Bard, Liam  EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:48 pm by Devlin

» Grigori Raidonovitch
Bard, Liam  EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:45 pm by Devlin

Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 95 on Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:56 am

Bard, Liam

Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Bard, Liam  Empty
    PostSubject: Bard, Liam    Bard, Liam  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:57 am

Alias: Jericho Liam Bard, goes by Liam
    Full Name: Adrastos
    Nickname: Ada
    Martial Status: Single
    Physical Appearance: 25
    Birth Year: 331 BCE
    Race/Ethnicity: Incubus
    Occupation/Grade: Night Class history teacher
    Career/Past Careers: Leader of his clan
    Dreams/Life Goals: He would love to marry Asuko, but, if that doesn't work out, he'd settle on killing her.

Appearance
    Hair: Blonde and shoulder length
    Eyes: ruby
    Height: 5'10"
    Build: lean

Human Appearance:
    Bard, Liam  Liam10
    Incubus Form:
    Bard, Liam  Mabino10

Hobbies: Annoying Asuko, playing air guitar and video games, watching reruns of M.A.S.H.
    Likes: music that annoys Asuko, flirting with people just to see how they'd react
    Loves: If he's honest with himself...
    Dislikes: being told he's got a terrible singing voice (even though he does)
    Strengths: Patience and cunning
    Good qualities: Good leader, cheerful
    Bad habits: *coughBetrayingPeoplecough*

Character Personality: Quirky and arrogant, Adrastos is actually a lot more cheery and friendly than some might expect the man who betrayed Asuko to be. He can often be found flirting merrily with anyone nearby or gently taunting his cousin, which he has loads of fun doing. Underneath this playful behavior lies a somewhat sadistic coldness that only comes into play when he's pushed too far. Please remember, this is the guy Asuko's afraid of. He's a bit dangerous. He just doesn't want anyone to notice that bit.

Character Background:

The following was dictated by Adrastos in July 2010 and transcribed by Beth.

My mother died in childbirth. I was raised by my...Aunt, I think Salvoria made me call her...Anyway, the point is, I was raised alongside my cousin, Avalon. But she was the star. Hers was the spotlight and the glory, blah blah blah-de-fuckin'-blah. I was the second-best. The backup plan if something went wrong with her and she couldn't lead. Sure, I got the same education, the same food. But the attention? It was all on her. And, hello, I'm an Incubus. Attention is kinda something I like. So, it stands to reason that I'd be somewhat jealous of her.

The only thing that stopped me from hating her is that she looked at me like I was the one who should be getting all the attention. I was her number one. I loved being the center of her attention. It felt so much more important that she like me than the others even so much as look at me. I made it my goal to please her, in everything I did.

Problem was, as the years wore on, her attention divided. First it was that our clan became her top priority. I could handle that, it didn't bother me quite as much as other things. After all, we'd both been drilled to put the Clan ahead of our own interests from such a young age. Even so...that seed of jealousy started growing when she became Goddess. I wasn't jealous of her power. I wanted my Avalon back.

Over the centuries, it only became worse. Why? Because it soon became clear that she was going to follow in her mother's footsteps, leaving me behind in the dark without so much as a candle to show the Clan I was there. Sure, I had my few successes that people were proud of, but the highest praise I ever got for them was 'Just what should be expected of Avalon's cousin.' Avalon's cousin, not Adrastos. Not even 'that boy.' I was nothing more than an extention of their Goddess.

So I was pissed. So what? A lot of people were pissed back then. Didn't make them turn on the center of their universe. And I know that's what you're waiting on. You want me to get to the point and tell you what the final straw was that made me turn on Avvy. You want to know why I say I'll settle on killing her if I can't have her. Well, tough luck. I'm getting my minute in the spotlight, and I plan on drawing this out as long as I can. Believe it or not, this isn't about her... Well, technically, anyway. Damn...even my own autobiography has me standing on the sidelines. Ain't that just grand.

ANYWAY, I should get back on track. Where was I? Oh, right. I was pissed, but I wasn't quite to my breaking point yet. Avalon still took time out of her busy schedule to see me. I thought that was enough.

And it was...until I realized that something else was on her mind when she was talking to me. Being the dutiful--stupid, but dutiful--man I was, I asked what was on her mind. And, guess what? The girl I'd grown up with, whom I adored and was supposed to marry, had fallen in love. Boy, did that throw me for a ringer! And with a woman, no less! How was I supposed to compete with that?!

I couldn't, of course, argue with her on it. Her heart was set. The only thing that would have made her leave that woman was, not me, but the Clan. So, I wasn't even second-best anymore. I'd fallen into third place in the eyes of the one person who mattered to me.

At that point, I snapped. Not directly at her--I could never be so cruel to her face--but I snapped nonetheless. If I couldn't have her, I'd make damn sure she wasn't going to find someone else. Unfortunately, that meant I had to kill her. And, if I'd just gone and killed the Goddess, the entire Clan would have my head cut off...and not even the one on my shoulders like civilized people.

So, I lied. It wasn't all that hard. She'd told me just enough details. Her little pet human had begged her to run away with her, which was my inspiration for the bit that really lit a fire under those bastards' asses. Imagine their fury to realize they weren't the entire focus of their precious Goddess' attention!

She ran, leaving me to take on her job.

Being the center of the Clan's attention? Yeah, it sucks. Big time. There are all these annoying rules nobody bothered telling me, like I have to be nice to the people who come begging me to give them advice on courting a lover. Which was just laughable. Asking me, who sent my love into exile, for advice on courting!

But there was one thing that made all that bullshit worth it: I finally stepped out of the shadows. I had all eyes on me, and I made damn sure to show those morons what they had been missing every second they had watched their Fallen Goddess. It didn't take too long to distract them from the task of killing her. I did that because, let's face it, the woman had practically vanished off the face of the earth. We weren't going to find her, in all likelihood.

You want to know the most screwed up part of it? I led the people well, so well that I might have become a legend if I'd wanted to take that one extra step. But I didn't do it for glory, or attention, or the hot ladies that came to spend the night with me. I did it for her. I wanted to make her proud. I nearly got her killed, yet here I was seeking her damn approval! Yeah, I'm convinced I went crazy at some point.

The time since I became the clan's God went by pretty quickly, like time does when you're working your ass off. I never forgot her. I wanted her back. I hated leading those morons. Why? Why would I hate being in such a position of power? Because the jerks acted like they had never been ruled by anyone else, like I'd always been the center of their universe. It infuriated me, knowing how full of shit they were.

So, I trained a little Committee to do my job, told them I was going on vacation, and set off to look for their all-but-forgotten Fallen Goddess. Found her. That's why I'm here. If I get my way, she'll be coming back home with me to take the reigns, and my hand in marriage. If not...well, you won't see her again, either way.
    Back to top Go down

Bard, Liam  Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bard, Liam    Bard, Liam  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 pm

To discuss this character, please go here.
    Back to top Go down

Bard, Liam
    Page 1 of 1