Alculard's Paradise Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alculard's Paradise Academy

ASB PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All of the Characters and fellow Creators would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating it this Month!
Hello to all of our Guests and Welcome to:
Alculard Paradise Academy
Need help getting around? Check out our new How to Navigate the HOME Section.
(Click the link to read it!)
Want to make a Sensei? Here is where you can see what positions are available today.
(Changes often so check back occasionally. Click the link to see!)
Not sure what to make? Or would you prefer to RP with a Premade Character? Read This and see if there is one that has your interest!
(Click the link above)
Curious about what Race to make or what kind of people you will meet? Check our Ethnic Group.
(Click the link to read more)
Have a lovely Character but don't know who to pair them up with? Then check out the Singles Thread.
(Click on link to find hot singles around the campus!)
Love to help bring plots along? How about RPing a Support Character. Support and make them into your own!
(Click to read some Supports in need of Creative Minds)
Thank you to our guests for visiting!
(Check back for updates often)
Latest topics
» Vacation/Leave Time(s)
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:29 pm by Guest

» Reception [Always Open]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am by Guest

» Kozy Korner (Open during Mall Hours)
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm by Kyrian

» "New Arrival" [closed]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm by Alric

» Aoi Tsunita
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 am by Trinity

» Deadlines [Open]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm by Guest

» Late Eater! [Closed]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 pm by Braylin

» Eiji Kaneko
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:01 pm by Guest

» Nightmarish Day [Open]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:10 am by Kousei

» Math Teacher: Kaneko, Eiji
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:14 pm by Kailyn

» "So this is Lond?" [Open]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 am by Trinity

» Counselor's Office - Creative Writing Department [Open during Office Hours]
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 pm by Braylin

» Aoi Tsunita
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:59 pm by Kailyn

» Fashion Accent Home of the Fashion King! (Always Open)
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 pm by Kailyn

» DeRosier, Aniki
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:35 pm by Devlin

» Kiyomizu, Yukio
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 pm by Kailyn

» Yukio Kiyomizu
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm by Kailyn

» Pointless Practice (Private)
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:33 pm by Guest

» Raidonovitch, Grigori
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:48 pm by Devlin

» Grigori Raidonovitch
Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:45 pm by Devlin

Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 95 on Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:56 am

Esgal, Shenandoah

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Braylin
    Admin
    Braylin

Esgal, Shenandoah Empty
    PostSubject: Esgal, Shenandoah   Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 am

Basics
    Full Name: Shenandoah Esgal (Sheh-nan-DOH-uh Ess-gahl)
    Nickname: Shena (pronounced Shannuh or Sheenuh)
    Marital Status: Single
    Age- (actual numbers unknown)
    Actual: roughly 76,000 human years (76 elven years)
    physical body: roughly 12,000 human years
    Appearance: roughly 25
    Birth Date: unknown
    Occupation/Grade: Music Teacher [Day Class]
    Dreams/Life Goals: to free her fellow espers [without losing yet another one's life.]

Appearance
    Hair: a light shade of fern green
    Eyes: jade
    Height: 5'5”
    Build: thin, lithe, but slightly curvy.
    Esgal, Shenandoah V7gnwn

Character Personality
    I am a myriad of contradictions. My existence itself is one. I am loyal, and I gain trust to better deceive. I am naïve, yet I know more of the Earth's secrets than most. I keep peace; I fight. I love, and I kill.
    That said, I am a sweet woman. I dislike angering people, and on the off chance I do so, my most valiant efforts are made in order to calm the person again. I speak softly; my presence is not commanding. Because of the secrets I keep, I would much rather listen to someone else speak than have to do so myself. This does not mean I don't have authority, nor does it mean I can't silence a room instantly. (Without use of magick.)
    I am not straightforward. From experience, that gets me nowhere, fast. I like to take my time and judge a situation before I make my move. After all, that is the reason I'm still alive right now. I see no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

more secrets:

Character Background
    It is a pleasure to meet you...:

I chose my physical form carefully, roughly twelve thousand human years ago. Something that would be very unlikely to be targeted; something to make me blend in with my surroundings beautifully. If you are wondering “why even put yourself into a body? Why put yourself in danger so recklessly?” be patient. I will explain soon enough.

Light green hair, jade eyes. Not very “normal,” I know. But keep in mind, I didn't take the form of a human. I took the form of an elf. I had to be able to explain doing magick, so why not take the form of something that already can do magick? That's common sense, really.

Why I now have a body.:

Espers seem to be captured faster than I can find them. This is a very... taxing job. So about twelve thousand years ago, I began searching for them to the best of my ability. I took on the form of an elf, began referring to myself as “Shenandoah” or “Spruce Stream” (fitting, considering the green hair and the water magick, no?) and went on the hunt.

Four elven years into my hunt, I had released three of my fellow espers, and lost one's life in the process of releasing him. Then I stumbled across Janthen, the elven city, and knew I needed to stop here, at least for a night.

Elves are odd in their ways.

A small child, I would later learn her name was Olia [meaning: only], was walking beside me, dark eyes wide with curiosity. I guess green hair perhaps isn't the most common, even amongst elves. I didn't find the silence uncomfortable, so I wasn't conversing. We strode amiably for a long while, me silently wondering why this child- who couldn't have been more than one (she looked perhaps six human years old)- was so far from her home, and her... well, who knows what she was wondering. That child proved to be quite the little scatter-brain. About a mile from the city, a wagon approached, not a big deal, we continued our trek into the town. But, as it came precariously close, the girl darted across the road. She really would have made it, had the road not been so wide, and the wagon not have been dead in the center.

I reacted faster than the driver of the wagon when Olia stopped still in the middle of the road, horror dawning on her small face as she saw the large lizard only feet from her. She wouldn't escape, her small legs weren't fast enough compared to the huge ones of the dragon before her. So I ran out and scooped her up. I must admit, my timing was impeccable. If I had been a second later, we both would have been trampled.

As it was, saving the child would be my ticket to staying comfortably in Janthen. She thanked me profusely as I set her down, and wasted no time at all in taking my hand, leading me at a rapid pace into the city. May I say, Janthen is a truly beautiful place. Overwhelming at times, but beautiful nonetheless.

I was littered with questions by the man whose daughter I had saved. Questions I had no answer for. What was my name? Well, yes, I had an answer for that at least. Where was I from? How old was I? What type of elf am I? Many different things... I realized that I wasn't ready to be surrounded by civilization. So I lied right there, the first and most important lie I would tell. One of my identity.

”I don't remember.”

Just like that, I became a makeshift member of the man's family. He said it was the least he could do for saving his daughter. The offspring of the woman he loved so dearly, who had died in childbirth. It explained the girl's name, and the very well-hidden sorrow in his eyes when he looked at her. He was a merchant, and I would help him sell the instruments he made. Oh, yes, he made musical instruments. Beautiful pieces of art, really. Each was unique, and had it's own distinct sound. No two were alike.

I quite enjoyed helping the man; being accepted into the society. But the best part of my fortunate turn of fate was the fact that I got to travel with the family, selling the instruments to funny soldiers who were out battling. They fact that they had seen so much hardship, but still had such strong personalities. It was fascinating.

My memory stops here for a bit... it goes fuzzy and blurry and I can't remember much, just making friends and selling instruments. Teaching Olia about things women should know, and some things she probably shouldn't know. Then we're back in Janthen. By this point, I knew Faelwen and Forest and a medley of other colorful characters. But word reached me of a possible esper in another, very faraway land. It sounded like Shiva. I left one night, no plan of action, not knowing what I was going to do other than save her. I do regret not telling my family that I would be leaving. It is one of the two regrets I hold. They deserved to be informed. The hurt on their faces when I returned... I'll get to that in a bit.

On my way to find Shiva, I ran into another esper in the body of a human. He stayed by my side for a few years (human years, that is) before we found the so called esper we were looking for. It wasn't Shiva. It was a trap.

...To make a long story short, I lost my companion in the battle that waged. It was my fault. My powers were the one that failed in quite a dire moment. I was the one who allowed him to be captured. And when I tried to make it right...

There is only one way a demi-god can actually die. And the humans honing his power managed to figure it out. I will not tell you the method of killing us, because I'd much rather keep my life, thank you very much.

After he died, I killed the humans. Easy as that. And I mourned the loss of my companion. It had been almost three thousand human years since I left Janthen. I decided to return to my family and provide them with some answers. Not who I am, no. But a lie of why I left, at least. I had gotten close to these people, after all. They were familiar, and I was happy when I was around them.

They were hurt, but relieved to see me. Olia demanded to know where I had been. I told them that I had remembered a small sliver of my past, and tried to go find the rest of what was missing. I also told them that I had failed in my quest. It took a while for them to forgive me, but they did, and as melancholy as that makes me (considering the Shenandoah that they know is a complete farce) it also elates me slightly.

Forest told me what had befallen our friend Faelwen one night as we caught up. Ever curious, I trekked over to Japan and this newfound “Academy”. And here my story comes to an end. I don't know how long I'll be here, or if I'll be going back to Janthen soon, but I'll simply take it one day at a time and see where I am led.

Spouse: none
    Race/Ethnicity: Esper
    Language: Many. Mainly Japanese and Elven.
    Blood Type:
    Weight/Body Structure/Physical Faults:
    Career/Past Careers:
    Hobbies: singing, listening to music, reading books in shaded grassy areas [disappearing to go look for espers]
    Likes: Music, sunlight, long skirts/flowing dresses, breathy voices, harmonizing done well.
    Dislikes: overly large crowds, clashing music notes, bad harmony.
    Fears: being personally hunted. Dying and having her power absorbed.
    Strengths/good qualities: extremely loyal. Willing to do almost anything (including putting herself in direct danger) for those she cares about.
    Bad habits: getting very motherly, even though she isn't at all a mother. Caring too much about things she should just brush off.
    Turn ons:
    Turn offs:

Last edited by Asuko on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Kailyn

Kailyn

Esgal, Shenandoah Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Esgal, Shenandoah   Esgal, Shenandoah EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 pm

To chat about this character please go Here
    Back to top Go down
    http://loveless.forummotion.com

Esgal, Shenandoah
    Page 1 of 1