Alculard's Paradise Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alculard's Paradise Academy

ASB PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All of the Characters and fellow Creators would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating it this Month!
Hello to all of our Guests and Welcome to:
Alculard Paradise Academy
Need help getting around? Check out our new How to Navigate the HOME Section.
(Click the link to read it!)
Want to make a Sensei? Here is where you can see what positions are available today.
(Changes often so check back occasionally. Click the link to see!)
Not sure what to make? Or would you prefer to RP with a Premade Character? Read This and see if there is one that has your interest!
(Click the link above)
Curious about what Race to make or what kind of people you will meet? Check our Ethnic Group.
(Click the link to read more)
Have a lovely Character but don't know who to pair them up with? Then check out the Singles Thread.
(Click on link to find hot singles around the campus!)
Love to help bring plots along? How about RPing a Support Character. Support and make them into your own!
(Click to read some Supports in need of Creative Minds)
Thank you to our guests for visiting!
(Check back for updates often)
Latest topics
» Vacation/Leave Time(s)
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:29 pm by Guest

» Reception [Always Open]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am by Guest

» Kozy Korner (Open during Mall Hours)
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm by Kyrian

» "New Arrival" [closed]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm by Alric

» Aoi Tsunita
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 am by Trinity

» Deadlines [Open]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm by Guest

» Late Eater! [Closed]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 pm by Braylin

» Eiji Kaneko
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:01 pm by Guest

» Nightmarish Day [Open]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:10 am by Kousei

» Math Teacher: Kaneko, Eiji
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:14 pm by Kailyn

» "So this is Lond?" [Open]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 am by Trinity

» Counselor's Office - Creative Writing Department [Open during Office Hours]
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 pm by Braylin

» Aoi Tsunita
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:59 pm by Kailyn

» Fashion Accent Home of the Fashion King! (Always Open)
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 pm by Kailyn

» DeRosier, Aniki
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:35 pm by Devlin

» Kiyomizu, Yukio
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 pm by Kailyn

» Yukio Kiyomizu
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm by Kailyn

» Pointless Practice (Private)
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:33 pm by Guest

» Raidonovitch, Grigori
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:48 pm by Devlin

» Grigori Raidonovitch
An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:45 pm by Devlin

Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 95 on Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:56 am

An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:13 am

"I wasn't really all that worried about it Mimi, I was just using it as an excuse to calm Omen down," Toshi muttered. She was suddenly feeling a little depressed, although she wasn't sure why. After their recent encounter with her middle school pals, saddness should be the last thing on her mind. It was shortlived saddness though, as she looked upon the building. They were at Alculard now, after all.

She'd been waiting for this for an entire year. The gates of the school that was going to be different. The stillness of the air outside was a contrast to the obvious energy coming from the school. It was beautiful at night, the way the Sakura trees were shadowed by the light coming from the academy. It screamed rich, but she was willing to let that go.

Now that they were close enough, Toshi threw her suitcase over towards the gate and off the path, then used that now free arm to better support Nemo. His skin really was getting darker, he really did feel more dense. She noticed as she supported him she could feel the shudder of his body as he changed. Although she had believed him when he had first told her he was a shifter, it was still so different seeing it in person. It made it real, and if she was honest with herself it was a little freaky. Not freaky enough to stop being his friend granted, but freaky none the less.

She helped him over to the bush Mimi had suggested without question, but didn't let him go until he departed from her. A crutch isn't very good if it drops the person before they're ready.

(I didn't explain a whole lot because I doubted anyone else would join, but if either of you want me to add description or anything I can)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:47 am

Omen groaned softly, feeling his shoulder blades pop out of place. If it weren't for Toshi's hold on him, he would be falling over. Kneeling under the bush, he reached for his pants. He wasted no time on modesty, quickly stripping and folding his clothes, then moving to all fours.

His legs were already an awkward shape, somewhere between the human form and the cat. He focused on changing that first, letting out soft, grunting pants as the bones crackled. Next, the muscles he had tweaked earlier became more defined, an effect that continued to the rest of his body. He opened his mouth to let out a grunt of pain as his jaw shifted forward, nose melding with lips to become a cat's muzzle. His teeth changed, most becoming smaller, while his incisors became quite large.

He let out a the coughing roar as the change went more quickly. In a matter of seconds, his skin was nearly black, covered in dark, bold rosettes and nearly-black fur. His face shifted out of the human shape, and his hands and feet became paws. As his body completed the shift, he collapsed and rolled onto his back, panting.

"Aia...that was painful. Thanks for your help, Toshi-san, Mimi-chan." Nemo rolled back onto his stomach, tail flicking happily. Playfully, he took on a dog's "about to pounce, so play with me!" pose, then pounced gently on Toshi, standing on his hind legs, forepaws on her shoulder. He gave her a great big lick on the cheek, his tongue rough. "Seriously, thank you so much. I completely lost it back there. Those guys scared me!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Hitomi shrugged nonchalantly. "I didn't really do much... sorry about the numbing thing, guess there are quite a few differences between lycans and shifters, I sometimes numb Irial when he transforms, except he doesn't ever remember the pain... so it doesn't make much difference. It's still interesting to see the differences." Hitomi knew she was babbling, she was exhausted, after realeasing so much of her will, and then the there was the time, she'd been up for about 13 hours now. She yawned and stretched her arms. Pulling out a little phial out of her mini shorts pocket, she drank the small caffinated potion and soon she was fine, all bright eyed and bushy tailed. She tilted her head as she looked at Nemo. It was nice to have him back. She stroked his spine gently, hoping it was only his ears that he had a problem with and she spoke in a concerned manner, "So are you feeling better now." A weird smile stretched across her face. Motherly wasn't a word to describe Hitomi, especially since right now wasn't one of the best times, she was still on a downer and for once, she really didn't feel like cheering up.

A thought crossed her mind "Oh and Toshi who were those boys, it really is dangerous for humans to be so close to the school at night, if it wasn't Omen who scared them away it would have been someone else, someone who didn't have a Toshi to hold them back." She was proud of Toshi for what she did, things like this will always happen at some point and you need people like Toshi who can help. Although she hoped Toshi and Omen didn't have to meet again, or at least not often, they were to much alike in some respects. Fighting for dominance. Hitomi had never really understood the need herself, but she respected different opinions. She stopped stroking Nemo, and sat down cross legged on the ground, checking the time. She'd almost stopped caring. Staring at the bush leaves surrounding the three of them she started to count them as a glazed look came over her eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:23 pm

"Much better, thank you. Most people really hate Omen, so I'm glad you weren't scared." He lightly pushed off Toshi and curled around Mimi when she sat down, nuzzling her shoulder before gently laying his head on her knee. He didn't mind her change in mood. Not really. Though he had to wonder if it was his fault. He'd feel guilty if that were the case.

He lifted his eyes to Toshi. "They treated you like their Alpha...but the way you looked at them...they aren't really your pack. Aia...I mean, human terms, sorry." His telepathic voice got somewhat embarassed. He was still recovering from his Omen episode, and his animalistic diction proved it. "They are the type of people who don't understand loyalty, and that makes them dangerous around your friends. If they were really your friends, you wouldn't have felt threatened by their presence. That's what I meant."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:42 am

Toshi sat up and dusted herself off, then rubbed her cheek with her sleeve to remove any lasting cat spit.

How many people can say they've been tackled by a jaguar and lived? she thought with a chuckle. She watched happily as he went to curl around Mimi, and didn't bother to stand up either. They must have looked rather strange if anyone were to see them, two girls and a jungle cat sitting outside a school.

She was less amused when they started asking her questions about J and Hans. Nemo pretty accurately described their relationship, which only made her more nervous.

"It's noth-" she started, but then stopped. She had promised to be honest with them. They were just concerned, that was all.

Sighing, she started again, "When I was in middle school, I didn't exactly spend my time with the nicest of people,"she admitted. "They belong to a... a gang I used to run with. I joined when I was in my first year of middle school, had beaten everyone in the gang by my second. So, yeah, I guess I was the leader. I quit in the middle of my freshman year, but they don't like deserters. It's.... one of the reasons I transferred."

She looked away from them, shame in her eyes. Those had been dark years. She had done a lot of things she wasn't proud of, and never before had she admitted it to people she actually cared about. It was... new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:12 pm

"Thank you for being honest." The voice was sincere and gentle. He could understand that there were benefits to being around tough people. Tadashi's pack had been like that: tough. The shifters had run the non-human underground of Nemo's old home like a well-oiled machine. It had been necessary to keep them in line, since the humans could get very dangerous when they felt threatened. He could also understand wanting to get away from people like that. He had never joined Tadashi's pack...they'd been more of a pack in of themselves, with no need for the hierarchy that existed within The Pack.

"So you really are an Alpha...how annoying." He made the words somewhat playful. "This is gonna be an interesting little pack. We got two Alphas and Mimi-chan..." He glanced up at her for a moment. "Mimi-chan is more like a Beta. Strong, but without the desire to be dominant. But we better not start fighting, because Betas don't have the patience to stick around when Alphas start fighting. They just move on to a pack where the Alpha isn't challenged by someone else." He flicked his tail and stood, shaking himself off.

"I'll shift back now. We gotta get inside, right? I don't think they want a jungle cat prowling the grounds." He went back over to his clothes, shifting back to his human form. The shift was quick this time, lasting only about ten seconds. When it was done, Nemo blushed a bit. His human form looked so scrawny to him, after being around Tadashi for so long and seeing that most shifters were pretty well-built. He quickly pulled his hiphuggers back on, then took his hoodie from Mimi, pulling it back over his head. "Thanks. Let's go?"

{I'd just like to point out...Yes, he's wearing girl's jeans. lol. They are the only kind that sit below his tail, given that he doesn't like the baggy jeans look.}
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Hitomi giggled a little "Beta... well even if you two did start fighting I wouldn't abandon you, I'd probably just have to knock your heads together and tell you to get real." She stood up and brushed herself off "Yeah we better get going, the day dorms are on the left section of the building. It's quite something inside." She started thinking about the interior of the scholl, the vases with exotic flowers going up and down the halls, the intricate wallpaper, the chandeliers, the whole glitz and glamour of the place. She was sure it would impress these scholar students. In her opinion they deserved finer though. They'd worked for it after all.

"Oh, and Tosh, you don't have to worry about us thinking bad of you just cause you've got a bad past, every body's done stuff they're not proud of, you've risen above the trouble which is even better." She made sure to look away when Nemo changed, being respectful. After she was sure he was done she looked back towards him. She helped Toshi up, although she didn't really need to, and she began to lead them through the gates. Now walking down the path past the benches and sakura trees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:03 pm

"Thanks. Both of you," Toshi replied, feeling her cheeks turn a little pink. She was rather surprised at the heat; she hadn't blushed since her first kiss nearly three years ago. She wondered idly if these two would be the death of her. They seemed to do a damn good job of softening her up, anyway.

"At any rate," she said quickly, hopefully before they noticed her color, "I gotta question for you Nemo-kun. Can you shift as Nemo, or do you have to go Omen first? Can Omen happen even when you don't shift?" she asked. Then realizing she was firing off questions like a scientist or something, she quickly added, "Sorry! I'm not trying to be nosy or anything. I was just wondering, for future reference. It's totally cool if you don't want to talk about it or whatever." They hadn't questioned her, after all.

She chose not to comment on the Alpha thing. Wouldn't want to rile him up again. Truthfully, she didn't mind being told what to do or whatever. She had been a grunt for a year before she'd made leader in her old group after all. She just wasn't going to let Omen do something stupid that Nemo would end up regretting later. So, as long as he didn't act stupid, there wouldn't be a problem.

With that in mind, she pulled out her phone, which she had felt vibrating earlier. Staring at the message for a moment, she rolled her eyes and put it away again. It said exactly what she had thought it would. She felt bad for them for their lack of creativity.

---------------

To: Toshi-sama
04:26

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:16 pm

"Yes, no, yes. I can always shift, but I have better control over it as Omen. Omen is a mindset, not tied to my physical self. I 'become Omen' any time my natural instincts override my human logic. I'm fine talking about it, now you know what I'm like when I 'go into Omen mode.' I kinda scare myself sometimes, is all." He blushed and smiled at her, shrugging.

Glancing at Mimi, he giggled, not bothering being embarassed. If they could handle Omen, NOTHING he could do would make them think he was a freak. "Glad to hear it, Mimi-chan~ I'd be sad if you abandoned us." He looked her in the eye, then quickly looked away, remembering too late she'd said her gift was in her eyes. "Sorry. You probably hate eye contact. Sorry." His ears laid back, tail pressing to his leg. He felt guilty for forgetting something that important so soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:33 am

Hitomi hadn't realized how literal she'd sounded, she meant by "in her eyes" as "in her opinion", but it had been true non the less, possibly a subconscious way of admitting it. Although the two of them were very honest about the things they didn't like about themselves, Hitomi had yet to talk much about it, she hated talking about it. That and what her personality is normally like. She didn't want them to know she was just a selfish flirt, a spoiled rich kid. But as soon as Nemo's eyes met hers the rest of what he said kind of blended into the background after the third vision of the night took place.

If she was honest she was expecting Omen to be rampaging, possibly attacking someone Nemo loved but this.... What she saw was something she very rarely saw. Usually her visions were quite violent, but this was truly depressing. This vision was much more clearer than Toshi's, the situation wasn't as panicked, the emotion was much more acute, more concentrated. The vision was also a lot shorter. Nemo's mother was leaving? Saying goodbye.... She stood infront of him and kissed his forehead gently, and with three final words "Be strong kitten" it broke his heart. Tears fell down Nemo's face, tears now falling down her own face as her legs wavered, she stepped back as the vision began to disappear, she sat down as the tears began to well and tumble. Her head bowed towards the floor, the empty emotions soon left. Now she just had to wipe away the tears, her composure wasn't kept like with Toshi, sad visions were always harder to keep composure with but the fearful ones stayed with her longer. "Erm, I-I really don't like eye contact..." She looked up to both of them, teary eyed and shameful, still not sure how she was going to explain herself.

[points finger at Beth, You set me up! tut tut. Lolz Jokes, I hope I got the vision right, I couldn't find the PM]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:32 am

Nemo flinched and hugged Mimi tight. "Sorry! I didn't mean to upset you, Mimi-chan~" He pouted, looking like he was about to cry, too. That was a habit of his, it would seem. He was always trying to make his friends happy, since it made him so happy just to be able to call them his friends. "Please don't cry." He let her go, on his knees in front of her, staring at the ground dejectedly.

Nice going, kit. Barely talk to the girl for an hour, and you've already made her cry. Nemo looked helplessly up at Toshi, gold eyes shining, or, rather, reflecting the lights from the school. "I screwed up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Hitomi giggled, and then put a hand over her mouth to silence it. It must seem weird for a girl who had been crying moments earlier to be giggling the next. She couldn't help it though, she found it funny how Nemo could care so much to think it was his fault. She hugged him hard and said "Nemo you fool, it's not your fault. Now I'm gonna have to explain aren't I. Can't let you go on taking the blame." She let go of him and stood up, looking towards Toshi and Nemo "I can't remember if I mentioned this before but, every 'witch' in my clan has a unique gift that derives from a previous 'witch'. Mine derived from my grandmother, who, as you know, could see the good parts of someone's future via tarot card reading, now the future's never certain, she just saw what would happen if their path carried on along the same road. If you understand what I mean. I unfortunately got an 'opposite gift'. I see the worst parts of peoples past... When I look deep into there eyes, so I need to get to know a person first and such..." She took a deep breath, she thought she may as well tell them everything now. "But I can also see my own future, random bits and bobs, mostly in my dreams, so I like to keep my life spontaneous so that I don't rely on them. So yeah... I hoped I wouldn't have to talk about it, but really I could tell I was just putting it off. I'd rather just end it there." She looked to the ground and twiddled her thumbs a bit, giving them chance to digest it before she sighed and finished off with "C'mon, we need to get into school, my curfews in about an hour and 15 minutes." Hitomi had noticed the sun had started to rise already.

[sorry for it's shortness]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Toshi gently took Nemo's hand when Mimi released him and pulled him up, then patted his shoulder as Hitomi explained. She had no idea what to do about Mimi, tears freaked her out. She could never tell if they needed a hug or space or comfort or what. Luckily, she was good at composing herself, and by the end of her explanation she looked a little more calmed down.

Toshi, however, was now panicking. Mimi could see into her past?! She tried to think of all the times she had looked the girl in the eyes that night. Not many, she did a good job of avoiding eye contact. But there had to have been at least once. What had she seen? There were many memoires she considered "bad." Had she seen her getting trashed by her mother? Or her dad's funeral? Or a fight? Her initiation into the gang still gave her nightmares sometimes...

There were just so many embarrassing, private possibilities. That was probably the first time that night anything about them had truly made her uncomfortable. But she would just have to learn to deal with it, she supposed.

"Yeah. You guys can sleep the entire day, I have classes in three or so hours," she muttered, glancing at the sky with a sigh. Not that she hadn't pulled all nighters before, it just wasn't a pleasant prospect starting school tired.

"Aiya... I'm nervous!" she exclaimed suddenly, a goofy smile on her face. Just a few hours ago, she never would have imagined being able to admit that to anyone. She stretched her arms and grabbed her suitcase handle. "I have this sinking feeling the only people I'm going to get along with are Night Class kids," she laughed, flipping her bangs out of her eyes. She had never been very good at making friends. People generally took one look at her sense of style, hair, and muscle tone and ran the other way.

(so, where to next?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Looking at Tosh, she noticed a slight look of anxiety quickly sweep across her but she laid that thought to rest, reassuring herself that if it was anything serious Toshi would tell them. She hoped it wasn't because of anything she said... thinking about it, she hoped it wasn't because of her gift, peoples pasts were private, look at Irial, she stumbled on a massive secret there, one that he hoped to take to his grave. It was funny how her gift kept getting her friends, truly ironic.

Listening to Toshi talk about her classes, she started to think crazy, her mischievous selfish side was kicking in, an evil coy smirk spread across her lips. "What if... we found a way to make you a night student. A guy in my year pretended to be a day student for a whole year! I know a mate who could turn you into a lycan if you wanted to go the legit way... but I seriously don't suggest that. Actually screw that, he wouldn't do it anyway. But... I'm working on the Philosophers stone, if I ever manage to make it... we could say your some kind of immortal? Ahh now I'm just saying anything that pops into my head. It would be awesome if you could be a night student but alas, your a lucky human." She smiled and walked towards the building, refraining her imagination from going wild again. Opening the main gates she looked around the hallways looking for the next path.

[quick little reply, I couldn't help myself. Erm day dorms? Whoever posts just say that I'm leading you there or something.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:56 am

"AIA! Don't give her ideas, Mimi-chan~! She might try it, and then she'd get hurt!" He hugged Toshi tightly, a cute, little-brother sort of protective gesture, pouting and half-glaring at Mimi. After half a second, his expression softened back to his normally cheerful look, and he turned his head to Toshi.

Blushing, he let her go and took a step back. "Aia, sorry about that. I'm sure the teachers would understand if you took the day off. It's a long trip to make on your own, after all." With that, he gave a wide yawn that ended in a sort of half-hiccup type of noise. "I know I'm ready for one heck of a catnap." He giggled softly. He liked making that sort of pun.

Glancing around at the opulence of the Academy, he grinned and ran ahead of them for a second before doing a great big spin and falling on his bottom again, laughing joyfully. "I finally made it! I'm Home!" He crouched, facing them, ears perked up and tail flicking. He looked so much happier now that they were finally on the school grounds.

"HAJIRI-KUN! There you are!" Nemo's ears instantly drooped at the annoying woman's voice. "I was so worried when you ran off like that, child!" A kind-looking woman was hurrying toward them, looking incredibly relieved to see Nemo alive and well. Her graying hair was tied up in a tight bun, and she wore a business suit. There was a run in her hose, and her glasses were on crooked. She carried a duffle bag and a laptop case.

Nemo hissed softly, standing and wiping dirt off his jeans. He glared at her over his shoulder in obvious distaste. "Obaa-san, I'm not completely helpless, y'know. I made some friends on the way here I wouldn't have met if I'd stayed with you." Normally, he would be nicer to the woman, but, after the way she'd played with his ears, he had no more patience for her.

"Such a cute little one, but such a mouth!" She chuckled softly, moving the duffle to her other hand to pat him on the head, not bothering to miss his ears. In fact, she ended up stroking one of his ears, a fascinated look on her face.

Omen hissed loudly, going bright red and glaring at the woman, ears low, tail plastered to his leg. His eyes were cold and spiteful. "Woman, get your hand off me before I bite you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Toshi giggled at Nemo's antics, grabbing Mimi by the hand to run and try to catch up with him. They came to a halt behind him as the woman came up. She seemed nice enough, so she let the woman approach Nemo without worry. When she pet his ears however, she was already releasing Mimi's hand and walking up to them. Sure enough, the words that left Nemo's mouth indicated he was changed already.

Apparently Omen was a more frequent thing than she had first believed.

"Don't worry, we'll take good care of Hajiri-kun here," she assured the woman, smiling at her kindly. She hooked her arm around one of Nemo's playfully as a precaution, and held out her other hand to the woman. "My name is Toshi Alder, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Are you Hajiri-kun's guardian?" she introduced politely. She had no idea what the woman might know, so instead of saying Omen or Nemo she simply said Hajiri. Also, she had no idea if the woman knew how to handle Omen, hence the reason for her intervention.

Well, she didn't really know how to handle Omen yet either. In fact, she wondered idly if she would get in trouble for grabbing his arm like that, as gentle as it had been. But hopefully Omen would have enough tact to at least wait until the lady was gone before making a scene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:26 pm

The woman frowned disapprovingly at the two young ladies' hair colors, but they seemed like good girls, so she decided not to report this to the boy's handler. "Oh, no, dearie. Little Hajiri-kun doesn't have a guardian. It was his demand, that we stop trying to find suitable parents for him." She turned her disapproving frown on the shifter, obviously implying that it was a foolish decision on his part.

Omen hissed in annoyance, swatting the woman's hand away from the ear she was still toying with. "Lotta good the last bitch did me, nearly yanked my ears outta my skull. Why would I want that again?" He nuzzled Toshi's shoulder, his ear itching and tingling so that he was acting like a cat wanting attention. Shivering, he suddenly stood up straight, trying to pretend he hadn't just done that.

The woman arched an eyebrow. "Hajiri-kun, you are behaving inappropriately again."

"And whose fault's that? You're the one touching my ears after I told you not to." His voice was smooth and cold. He smiled sweetly up at her, his incisors glinting sharp in the light from the Academy. "And aren't you the one keeps calling me a little Demon, yet you still pet my ears like I'm some sort of house cat?"

"You being a Demon is a simple fact. It does not make us care less about you, Hajiri-kun."

"If you gave a damn, you'd make the distinction between shapeshifter and Demon. They are two seperate species, Obaa-san." He caught himself and sighed, giving her an arrogant little smirk. "I'm through playing with you. I kept my end of the bargain and got into Alculard. Your office has yet to follow through and deliver my mother to me. Tells me how good your word is...and how much you care, Obaa-san. Tell you what I see. I see three students who need sleep and an old woman who doesn't belong on the premises." He purred loudly, eyes starting to glow a bit with bloodlust. "You're lucky the security team's not here, Obaa-san. Mum told me they can get vicious with trespassers."

The woman went pale, shuddering as she placed the duffle bag and laptop carrier on the ground beside Omen. "Yes, I've heard all about those Demons...Farewell, Hajiri-san. I wish you luck in life." Without another word, the woman walked past them and off the property.

The moment she was out of earshot, Omen looked at Toshi. "I wasn't really going to bite her, baka Toshi." Hidden beneath the spiteful words was an unspoken thanks. She had, yet again, held him back from doing something stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:07 pm

"I know," Toshi replied easily, releasing his arm. She itched her chin, which had been tingling from his hair rubbing up against it earlier (which had been utterly adorable), then once again grabbed the handle of her bag.

He was the only person on the entire planet who could ever get away calling her "baka Toshi". Anyone else would have been sprawled out on the ground by now with blood pouring from their nose. Or at least given a threat to do so.

"So, she a social worker or something?" she asked simply. She could have asked about the mother thing, the former guardian, or his reasons for coming to Alculard, but she knew from personal experience all of those could be landmine topics, especially the first one. She wasn't going to subject Omen or Nemo to answering those kinds of questions.

“She seems to know an awful lot,” she added, frowning slightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:59 pm

"Yeah, I was in the foster system for about two years after my mom got locked up." He sighed and stretched, looking utterly bored. Shoulda bit her. That would've been funny. "That woman works for my caseworker. But I'm finally rid of those morons." He smirked back at her.

"They're supposed to be working on getting my mother out of jail, but no lawyer will touch the case. They say it's open-shut, but that's bull. My medical records are enough to prove her innocence. They're holding her specifically because she isn't human." Leaning toward her, his smile got vicious. "And I'm going to bleed the lot of them dry...just as soon as I get my law degree and flatten the technicalities they hide behind."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:35 pm

She glared towards the woman when she touched Nemo's ears, she didn't even seem to care that she'd annoyed him, whether Omen came out or not, it wasn't acceptable. And the way she spoke to him made her blood boil, acting as though she was above him because he was a shifter, that's something that really annoyed Hitomi. Some humans like Toshi where amazing, but most were up their own asses most of the time, surely it's the evolved race that's above the weaker. In the charmers world Hitomi's clan was considered Nobility due to the rarity and special skill sets. She let it slide though, the woman was soon on her way.

When Omen explained it answered a couple of questions she'd had about the vision, again her blood boiled at the thought of what some humans could be possible of. She knew also though of how shifters specifically were targeted, it was disgusting behaviour. The way some of them had been experimented on, she knew all the stories. Having had shifters in her class all the time, there were a lot of shifters who sought refuge in Alculard. She didn't blame them. It was a dog eat dog world out there. Her voice was cold when she spoke "Now, I'm a lot of things, but anger and hatefulness are two attributes I don't often claim to have, but the way some people think they can treat shifters. To lock your mother up... " She was speechless for a moment as the thoughts properly sunk in. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. This time when she spoke it was with sincerity " It's not very fair... I'm sure you'll do well to get her out. Alculard will definitely open doors for you educationally speaking, and also there's a lot of shifters who've been badly treated who work here, they might have some law advice. Or something... I-I'm not really sure what to say. It must be hard for you, if you ever wanna talk I'm all ears." She smiled softly looking towards Omen.

[Nyaaa, sorry this is soo late, I've been seriously busy, I know it's not a proper excuse]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:06 pm

"Not fair? Say what you mean, Mimi-chan: It's plain old bullshit." He chuckled coldly. "If your reaction to it is anything like mine, you were seriously considering setting her hair on fire just now, weren't you?" He laughed at the thought of the woman running around like a chicken with its head cut off, screaming for someone to put out the fire. Then, he laughed harder as he took the sadistic little fantasy a step further to have someone dumping a pot of molded slop on her to douse the flames. After eight years of dealing with that woman, such fantasies were frequent amusements for Omen.

He calmed down though, realizing what Mimi said about locking his mother up. "Seriously though, I understand, now, why they arrested and convicted my mother. You've seen how clumsy I am now--I was a hundred times worse as a little kid. They thought I was abused, so they arrested her. Keeping her locked up...that's where prejudice comes into play." He sighed and picked up the duffle, then paused and opened the laptop case. "THEY BOUGHT ME A LAPTOP!?" He was in shock. It was the nicest thing his caseworker had ever done for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Toshi shifted uncomfortably as the conversation went on. She had never really dealt with anything like that before, so she wasn't really sure what there was to say. The thought of working so hard to protect her mother made her want to vomit, despite the fact she knew not all mothers were like hers. The irony in the fact that Nemo's mother, probably a wonderful person who just happened to shape shift, had been arrested for child abuse when her own mother, a human who kicked Toshi around the house daily when she was bored, was still free to sit on her ass at home and drink sake all day.

Actually, it really pissed her off. Her knuckles tingled with the want to hit something.

Flipping out her phone, she went to the inbox and hit "reply" the most recently received message. Quickly tapping out a message, she closed it again, feeling a little bit better. For some reason though, she got a weird feeling in her stomach when she glanced back over at Mimi and Nemo. She had a feeling they wouldn't approve.

“Awesome! That should make homework a lot easier,” Toshi commented with a mustered smile.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Hitomi noised at the laptop, it was quite cool, she imagined it must be quite a nice little surprise to just be given a laptop. "Ooo, there's free internet connection at the . So yeah I can imagine you'll be puttin it to good use. And I wouldn't go as far as to set her hair on fire but a slap when she touched your ears would suffice." She smiled cheekily, imagining what the council worker would think if Hitomi slapped her, she could tell the woman disproved of her hair, the way she'd stuck her nose up a little as she'd looked towards her showed that. It was ironic to say the least. She hoped for Nemo and Omens sake that the woman had good points as well.

She looked towards Tosh as she noticed her send a text... looking strangely guilty afterwards. Although Toshi was very good at covering it up, Hitomi could spot a trouble maker 'look' from anywhere. Giggling mischievously she smiled a coy smile to Toshi "Now, you seriously know how to make a girl curious, second text of the evening I believe, and that 'look' says it all. Hehe, somebody's doing something they shouldn't be... well all I'm gonna say is as long as it's worth it. Go for it. Be a little naughty every now and then is my motto... another of my motto's hehe." She skipped down the hall, giggling away. Stopping in front of a left turn heading down to the say dorms, she put a finger to her lips "Now sshh, this is the day dorms, allow me a moment of cowardice and ask one of you two to lead the way down the dorms. I've already been caught down here a few times so we need to try and not get caught, although we do have an alibi..." She got on her toes and pretended to tiptoe closer but she did it slow enough so that one of the others could lead the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Toshi laughed slightly at Hitomi’s observation. No, it wasn’t really worth it at all. But it would certainly make her feel better.

“Alright alright, I’ll lead. It’s my room after all,” she offered with a smile, taking up the head. She took everything in as they walked, headed for the Junior section. This was her new home, her new life. It was all so much more refined and beautiful than she had thought any high school could be. She had to remind herself this was no normal school though. She would have to study hard to stay in. It was one of the obligations of full-scholarship students to stay on the top 10 in the class, and she felt that was probably the only way she would feel like she really belonged here anyway.

Pulling a paper out of her pocket, she read the room number quickly.

“Ok, room 109, first floor,” she announced, glancing at the room numbers as they continued on.

[Toshi’s Room found here]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:58 am

Nemo bit his tongue, watching Toshi send the text. Having been around Tadashi all those years ago had taught him what that meant. It meant there was going to be a fight. She really is just like him...Aia...gonna have to give her The Talk, aren't I... The Talk Nemo gave Tadashi was nothing like "The Talk" that everyone else thought of. More of him bitching the Alpha wolf out for not calling in reinforcements when they were obviously necessary...while patching him up from yet another fight.

He giggled at Mimi. Nervous about being in the day dorms? That was an interesting thought. It didn't seem to fit her at all. He linked his arm with hers and followed Toshi to her room.

[All have left the Main Gate and are headed to Amare Dorms.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]   An Unexpected Entrance [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

An Unexpected Entrance [Closed]
Page 1 of 1